What you’ll learn in this course:
- What is web interaction?
- Configuring your development workspace
- Building your first interaction
Building interactive components from scratch
- Simple switch buttons
- Dropdown menus
- Modal dialogs
- To-do lists
- DOM manipulation and traversal
- Working with asynchronous content
- Adding keyboard support
- Drag and drop
- Swipe gestures for touch screen devices
- Working with popular reactive frameworks like Vue.js
- Using CSS and SCSS modules
- CSS transitions
- CSS entry and exit animations
- ARIA attributes and accessibility
- ARIA “live” content and screen reader design considerations
- Working with popular UI frameworks like Bulma
Who should attend:
- This course is designed for anyone looking to improve their skill in front-end web development
- Developers of all skill levels will enjoy this course; we start out at a basic level, and quickly ramp up to more advanced techniques
- Concepts in each lesson are clearly communicated, yet fast-paced and respectful of your time
Let’s build something.
Throughout the duration of this course, we use practical real-world scenarios to demonstrate fundamental web interaction development techniques.
Upon completion, you’ll have built an entire library of common web interaction components, including toggles, tabs, accordions, sliders, and more. These components are production-ready and can be easily deployed to any web application.
I can now say goodbye to npm install bloat!Taylor
Nice and fast, but not too fast. Great course.Vikram
Sortables and drag/drop have been a mystery for years! Good stuff.James
Meet the Instructor
Kyle Schaeffer has been designing and building web applications for over fifteen years. With a focus on the intersection of design, user experience, and front-end development, he has created countless apps and websites for clients around the world.
With a degree in Information Systems and a background in design, Kyle explores the interactive science of app development, user experience, artificial intelligence, data science, and machine learning as it relates to web technology. He is the co-founder of Spiritous, where he leads a team of researchers and developers who build cutting-edge apps for clients around the globe. Outside of work, Kyle tries his hand as an amateur woodworker, musician, writer, and outdoorsman.
Getting Started FREE!
About This Course
Setting Up Your Workspace
Your First Web Interaction
Events and Listeners
Accessibility and Animation
Dropdown Keyboard Support
Sortable Lifecycle Events
Sortable Keyboard Support
ARIA Live and Screen Readers
Slider Navigation Style
Introduction to Vue.js
Building the Crave App in Vue.js
Wrapping Up with Exit Animations
Buy the Course
- Access to over 14 hours of instructional video content
- Unlimited future updates
- Stream videos from any device
- Download all video content for offline use
- Download all source code, including production-ready toggles, dropdowns, tabs, accordions, sliders, and sortables
- Purchase any number of student licenses to be allocated to teammates at any time
- Save 10% when you purchase 5 or more student licenses
- Save 15% when you purchase 10 or more student licenses
How many students are on your team?
All prices are USD. Have a question? Want to pay via check? Contact us.
Still not sure? Try the first module completely free.